tiistai 21. lokakuuta 2014

It's harvest

Barley waiting to be harvested

It's been a good while since last post and I apologize for that. Sometimes I'm tired and sometimes just lazy. Good excuse, huh?

Past 2 weeks has gone by fixing harvesting equipments such as greasing header and the nightmare: replacing knives in the comb (that big rolling collector in front of header). Some vehicles I've driven are a tractor with bloody loose steering, quad- and motorbike, two trucks one of which has pretty loose gearbox, very old toyota jeep and nice ute.
For the harvest time My duty is to drive two trucks to bring harvested crops to silo. Picture below of the other end of the process.
My duty: driving 10t old school truck straright from somewhere 60's. Notice good aircon!

What else has happpened is last Suunday I ended up buying a car!! As a backpacker I had to pay attention to what I buy as the car has to be in a good condition and be fuel economic. I had to travel 700 km's to pick it up and drive sasme way back, but it was definitely worth it! I drove through blue mountains and I can tell you that if you come Australia, Blue Mountains are a must. There were houses with breathtaking views down the mountains and the people living there are very fortunate.

Another day starts in 15 mins which means I'll continue posting more later. 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti