keskiviikko 24. joulukuuta 2014

Merry Christmas!

Hyvää joulua! Merry christmas ja gud jul from Cairns to all blogfollowers!!! =D

I could've never imagined where I was about to spend my Christmas eve and day. The plan was to find a nice place to pull up the car but things ended up way better! To make long story very short, last Sunday I visited local christian church and there was an elder woman in her 60's who was about to spend Christmas with her relatives in Brisbane, 1700 kms away and needed a housekeeper. I was available and so she asked me to be her housekeeper during that time, could you imagine! Also I got an invite from another lady from the church to spend christmas day with them and surely I wanted to.

Having spent every single christmas in Finland with snow and sauna, it's quite intense change to be in Australia. Fist of all the heat is the major difference: today about 32°C. (Of course sauna gets hotter:) Other distinctive factors are green nature, colourful birds, people having barbie and people swimming. Well, here it's not weird at all, on the contrary.
I'm writing this text at cairns esplanade where a public pool is located. Considering the temperature it's no wonder why the area is crowded, mainly at shades though. When I walked through the shops, I couldn't help myself buying an ice cream because they look sooo tasty! I had wildberry dark chocolate sorbet and I can tell you it was absolutely one of the best cones I've ever had. It had also nice price for two scoops :P

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti